Minor Injuries and Ailments
The aim of this module is to enable the learner to assess, differentially diagnose and manage patients with minor presentations, whilst identifying personal limitations within their professional practice setting. The student will develop an understanding of autonomous practice and clinical decision making within the context of managing minor injury and illness presentations.
On completion of the module, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of generic consultation skills and theoretical frameworks.
- Analyse physical signs in the context of minor presentations, and the probable significance of such signs.
- Discuss the complexity of professional judgement and decision making from a legal and ethical perspective.
- Apply an holistic approach to care delivery by encouraging user involvement.
- Act autonomously using skills learnt within guidelines of supervision.
For more information and details of the next cohort, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org